Interswitch East Africa
This role is responsible for all aspects of system development, operations, administration, maintenance and processing, to ensure the stable operation of applications, backup systems, enterprise servers and database servers for Interswitch’s internal operations
- Provides input on own role in the Business Continuity Planning process to ensure Interswitch is protected in the event of physical or cyber attacks
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring system health and performance, to ensure high-performance levels, availability, and security.
- Manage SQL Server databases, and other noSQL instances through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systTroubleshoots shoots and performs root-cause analysis for resolving problems that have multiple dependencies (PC workstations, servers, network, databases, software products, telephony etc.)
- Executes root-cause analysis to resolve frequent backups/restores failures
- Identifies critical business applications and makes sure that they are all backed up appropriately to prevent data loss
- Participates in disaster recovery planning and execution Leads all recovery activities for the data management system and assists with the recovery of other Interswitch systems as required as well as testing backed up data
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Executes significant IT projects, including recurring work and software/hardware enhancements; oversees phases to ensure timely completion of projects
- Monitors network and application performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and evaluate the system for capacity planning on a regular basis
- Assist developers with complex SQL query tuning and schema refinement as well as ensuring optimal SQL query usage by applications
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Implement and manage High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for databases and other critical applications
- Good first degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or other related areas.
Any of the relevant professional qualifications
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, any Linux system administration certificate, VMware Certified Advanced Professional, Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate2 ,Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Professional3, Certified PostgreSQL DBA (CPSDBA), Certificate for MySQL: Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 8.0 Database Administrator
Primary working station: Kampala, Uganda.
Reports to: Head Infrastructure
Direct reports: None
Send your resume by 17th February 2023 through email@example.com