Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. Their vision is to build an Africa where payment is a seamless part of everyday life.
Relevant Experience: 1 – 4 years (Officer) and 5 – 8 years (Frontline Management)
Positions: Officers (19) and Frontline Management (24)
Job Purpose: To design, code, test, analyse and manage software programs and applications that drive the Interswitch’s strategy, products and third-party business.
- Assists other software engineers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications
- Develop, maintain, troubleshoot, enhance and document software products and components develop by self and others as per the requirements and detailed design.
- Design and implement automated unit testing as required on a project.
- Works closely with the Team Leader, Business Analyst and Product Owner for understanding the functional and system requirements.
- Involves in task breakdown, provides reasonable work estimates and communicates deviations from estimates or work product in advance of deadline.
- Creates thorough, professional quality technical specifications and design documentation.
- Contributes to company knowledge base and process improvements
- Current on emerging software technologies and make recommendations
- Proactively recommends, schedules, and provide software and development framework and tools improvements and upgrades.
Academic Qualifications: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Computer/System/ Electrical/ Electronic Engineering/ Applied physics/ Computer Science or a related discipline.
Professional Qualifications: Added advantage
Key Skills and Competences
- Technical skills
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Customer service skills
- Communication Skills
- SQL Server
- Micro-service development
Work hours: Normal Working Hours (8am - 5pm)
Application: Selection process begins immediately. Please include a cover letter highlighting you experience in some of the relevant skills listed above.