Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. Their vision is to build an Africa where payment is a seamless part of everyday life.
Relevant Experience: 1 – 4 years (Officer) and 5 – 8 years (Frontline Management)
Positions: Officers (4) and Frontline Management (1)
Job Purpose: To manage software development projects in alignment with engineering process, upholding, and reinforcing agile practices in the enterprise and building self-organizing teams.
- Implement lean-agile leadership, helps the team embrace SAFe core values, apply SAFe principles and practices. Supports SAFe adoption.
- Supports the team rules – Responsible for reinforcing Agile’s lightweight rules like the rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices from Extreme Programming (XP), Work in Process (WIP) limits from Kanban, and any other process rules the team has agreed.
- Facilitates the team’s progress toward business objectives.
- Engage in improving performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity.
- Focus on creating increments of value and achieving daily and Iteration goals in the context of the current Program Increment (PI) Objectives. Leads team efforts in relentless improvement.
- Facilitates team events, including (where applicable) the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective
- Supports the Product Owner in managing the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Supports the team in addressing and eliminating issues to improve the likelihood of achieving the objectives of the Iteration/PI.
- Escalate issues to close long standing issues threatening achievement of business objectives.
- Builds a high-performing team, helps coordinate inter-team cooperation, team’s efforts to continuously improve communications and relationships with other teams.
- Facilitates preparation and readiness for ART events like PI Planning, System Demos, and the Inspect and Adapt.
- Supports estimations for features and capabilities.
- Vendor management
- Documentation of agile events, weekly reports and product performance engineering.
- Work with stakeholders to continuously think about product performance engineering and seek to reduce production incidences and customer dissatisfaction.
Academic Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a relevant field preferred.
Professional Qualifications: Certified scrum master, SAFe preferred.
Experience as a scrum master or in a similar role with Working knowledge of agile methodology, techniques, and frameworks, such as SAFe, Scrum or Kanban, to deliver solutions.
Key Skills and Competences
- Servant Leadership
- Agile Practices
- Conflict Resolution
- Enforcing Rules
- Oganizational skills
- Communication Skills
- Relationship Management
- Stakeholders & Customers
Work hours: Normal Working Hours (8am - 5pm)
Application: Selection process begins immediately. Please include a cover letter highlighting you experience in some of the relevant skills listed above.