Cellulant was founded by Ken Njoroge and Bolaji Akinboro in 2002 with its business model initially designed on a napkin. Since 2002, the Cellulant team has learnt, adapted and leveraged their experiences to pivot the business to become the leading payments provider in the Continent. We have 400 staff, are physically present in 18 countries and provide services in 33 (countries).
Our purpose; Create opportunities that accelerate economic growth for all of Africa.
Our mission; Enable seamless payments for businesses, banks and consumers across Africa
Our evolution over the years, from a digital content business, to mobile banking and now to payments has allowed us to build strong relationships and partnerships. We've taken our years of experience and assets acquired over the years to provide a payments platform in the continent that focuses on driving merchant business and digital payments for local, regional and global merchants in the Continent, and digitizing both online and offline payments.
You can read more about us and our Group leaders and Country Champions by making use of the embedded links on this profile.
Job Title/ Position: Sales & Account Executive.
Reports To: Country Manager - Uganda
Direct Reports: None
Job Summary: Directly responsible for sales of the company’s products with key objectives to drive merchant onboarding and revenue growth.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities.
- Responsible for the development of sales strategy that delivers the expected business growth in line corporate objective
- Ensure effective management of relationships with key merchants (enterprise businesses).
- Develop and maintain a robust and enterprise focused pipeline of sales leads.
- Implement effective account management framework that ensure high level of customers’ retentions
- Ensure that customer complaints are investigated and promptly resolved across all channels
- Review sales performance against set budgets on a periodic basis, and recommend action plans for improvement.
- Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly sales reports for Managements review
- Attend workshops, trade shows and seminars to keep up-to-date with changes in the industry
- Provide leadership and mentoring required to get the best of business associates in the team
- Act on behalf of and perform any other duties that may be assigned by management.
Competency and Skill Requirement
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the organization’s product and service offerings.
- In depth understanding of sales systems to support successful sales delivery
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Previous interaction with cross border remittance business.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent leadership/supervisory and people management skills
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- In depth understanding of the Uganda payments industry landscape.
Key Performance Indicators
- Percentage of sales target met
- Opportunities conversion rate
- Percentage increase in revenue growth
- Strategic initiatives launched with significant revenue impact
- Level of customer satisfaction.
- Accuracy and timeliness of management information and reports
- Response time to complaints and enquiries through all channels