Role: Programs and Activity Officer
Reporting to: Engagement Partner
Workstation: FITSPA – Uganda
The Financial Technology Service Providers’ Association (FITSPA) is an independent, nonprofit,
membership-based organization that aims to create a conducive environment to stimulate innovation
in the financial services sector by increasing access to affordable financial services through ICT and
promoting financial inclusion in a sustainable way.
The Programs and Activity Officer is responsible for providing leadership and direction on all FITSPA program; implementation and evaluation of programs with emphasis on measurable outcomes using data and best practices; prioritization of programmatic objectives, activities, and budget needs; development of financial resources to support prioritized areas of work; continuation and development of team-based approaches; integration of programmatic activities as well as effective use of organizational resources.
Essential Job Functions
Oversight/Fiscal Management/Funds Development
- Oversee management of program budgets to ensure effective and compliant use of grant and member subscription funds.
- Adhere to FITSPA’s administrative and record keeping guidelines to support accurate documentation of activities.
- Effectively engage the team to support the ongoing work of grants and contracts.
- Interact with project teams to maintain consistent understanding of project status and deliverables and identify variances and errors to ensure sound fiscal management of programs.
- Direct budget development for new programs and renewals.
- Develop new programs in collaboration with the leadership team and funders.
- Write grant proposals to secure resources that expand FITSPA’s program portfolio.
- Ensure compliance for all program grants and contracts; work with grants team to implement and/or improve reporting tools; and ensure timely, accurate reports and communications to funders.
- Seek and develop new funding relationships and then leverage those relationships to write and submit successful grant proposals and contract bids.
- Write and submit proposal and bids in response to RFPs and RFAs on a consistent basis, in alignment with fundraising goals, and in collaboration with staff and external partners.
- Direct, lead, and manage the development of grants applications and reports through collaborative writing with staff teams.
Program Development, Direction, And Management
- Develop and effectively direct program activities - serve as the lead for program design, evaluation, and dissemination.
- Monitor scopes of work to ensure timeliness, quality and accuracy of activities vis-à-vis contractual and grant commitments.
- Ensure program excellence through development and implementation of innovative performance and outcome measures.
- Ensure and direct the development of regular and timely updates across all programs to ensure transparency, knowledge-building, and resource sharing.
- Monitor national and international initiatives in the field of Fintech innovations and best practices to ensure that the organization remains up to date with trends.
- Ensure that innovations and best practices are incorporated into the FITSPA program activities.
- Lead the collaborative development of survey, monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Build cross-sector relationships and work opportunities that integrate FITSPA’s agenda with activities within other sectors.
- Work collaboratively with diverse, strong, and influential partners to achieve common goals.
- Engage in local, regional and international level relationship building to increase FITSPA’s visibility and ensure strategic program and organizational growth.
- Participate in board activities to inform and lead the organization’s strategies and approaches.
Qualifications and Experience
- An advanced level degree with a minimum of 5 years of program management experience.
- Expertise in the Fintech space with an understanding of the core capabilities and sector requirements.
- Proven leadership skills and management experience, including the ability to develop team performance and a genuine desire to coach and mentor.
- Demonstrated success in grant writing and proposal development.
- Superior writing skills in terms of analysis and content.
- Strong focus on being strategic, problem solving, and solution focused.
- Experience working with community-driven coalitions and interventions.
- Self-motivated, able to balance multiple and competing priorities or deadlines, excellent organizational skills, and ability to track multiple projects/programs tasks.
- Strong budget management experience, detail-oriented, and able to work well in evolving circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with regulators, community leaders, and the media.
Notice of nondiscrimination
FITSPA is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, disability, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state law. FITSPA is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination and harassment.
The Deadline for submission of applications is:
Date: 30th. September 2022
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Management