We are looking for a smart problem solver to discover, define, and lead the development of products that our clients love, in the process you will be responsible to drive up the value of our company.
Laboremus Uganda creates financial technology solutions for clients in East Africa and Europe. We help large banks, financial institutions, and start-up banks get digital. Leveraging our expertise, we also bring financial technology to the underserved: alone and in partnership with others. We believe digital financial services should be tailored, simple, and accessible for everyone. Laboremus Uganda is part of the Laboremus Group, which was founded in Norway in 1996. Today, the group has offices in Norway, Serbia and Uganda. In 2018, we started Emata, a fintech that provides affordable loans to farmers in East Africa using big data, alternative credit scoring algorithms, and end-to-end digital processes.
At Laboremus, we only employ the best. Our team consists of brilliant developers, product managers, and data scientists. We give you both the freedom and responsibility to create work that makes you stand out. We continuously invest in personal development through training and certifications, in addition to offering health insurance, salary loans, flexible "Work from home"- policy, and daily lunches in our office garden.
Read more about Laboremus here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Lead the development of the product roadmap, product requirements documents, and prototyping efforts to design and validate products that our clients love.
- Regularly assess the market size, competitiveness, attractiveness, and growth of our product (portfolio)
- Lead client research to discover the right client problems for the product team to solve.
- Lead the product team throughout the software development process and support the product assistant to timely and efficiently deliver high-quality products.
- Regularly report on product development progress in terms of time, scope, and budget
- Create clear user stories, perform backlog grooming, and prioritize of user stories.
- Continuously improve the product’s quality and the processes that deliver it.
- Create and maintain a high performing product team by continuously improving processes across the entire product development pipeline.
- Ensure that the product is thoroughly tested at the different levels in the development process to ensure high quality product deliverables.
- Work with the support desk to maintain a continuous feedback loop with the client to identify areas of improvement on the product.
- Through training and mentorship shape priorities, focus areas and support the development of the product management team.
- Command knowledge of the product domain, particularly in East Africa, including financial technology, financial inclusion, regulation, and other areas that give an edge in your role.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
For this position, we are looking for a person who is a problem solver at heart with strong analytical skills. You are also a team player with good communication skills and most importantly you are eager to keep learning. Ideally you are excited about fintech, big data, and finance.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- At least 3 years of related working experience in product management.
- Strong experience in a dynamic product management role
- Proven success in overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- High effectiveness in managing cross-functional teams
- Experience in delivering finely tuned product marketing strategies
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, combined with strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Knowledge and working experience with product analytics software, development tracking tools, and road mapping software
- Have a working understanding of UI design practices including Material design, wireframing, storyboarding, UI mocks, responsive design
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently/effectively in a fast-paced environment.
IT'S NICE IF YOU HAVE:
- A university qualification in (or equivalent) in product design or engineering field
- Experience working with Agile, Scrum and JIRA
- Passionate about solving big problems in the fintech and financial inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in product design or engineering
- Previous experience in software and web development
- Proven success as a product developer in a managerial role
Candidates might be asked to send further details on projects worked on and/or asked to present them. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.