Numida is a fast-growing Ugandan fintech company that is building the digital products and services that African small businesses need to thrive. We believe that small businesses are the cornerstone of the African economy but they are operating far below their potential. Our
mission is to enable African entrepreneurs to turn their subsistence businesses into growth businesses.
Our flagship product is a mobile app that enables Ugandan entrepreneurs to access convenient and unsecured business loans that are disbursed via mobile money in as little as 24 hours. To date we have served more than 17,000 small businesses in Uganda, and we are building for scale.
Numida has built an internal loan management / CRM system called Astra that is used by our internal users to provide top of class customer service to our many thousands of customers. Our staff use Astra to onboard new clients, analyze and disburse loans, perform credit collections, provide customer support and retain existing clients. It is on pace to be used by 100+ staff members by the end of 2022.
The Product Manager owns the research and development of Astra, driving Numida’s product strategy and execution by translating user needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap.
This is a cross-functional role and requires deep relationship building across teams and alignment with Numida’s overall strategy and priority. The right candidate is highly dynamic and is well suited to ambitious, creative and analytical individuals. If you hope to challenge yourself and the status quo while growing personally and professionally, this is the role for you.
Research and Analysis
- Generate observations and learnings about our product, users, and market using various means
- Identify risks and opportunities within our market, assess potential viability of ideas before building anything
- Design and monitor Key Performance Indicators for features and products, report on successes and failures and carry those learnings forward to future products or features
- Disseminate key learnings to team members to inform opportunities for improvement
- Scope and implement small and large scale experiments to generate signal regarding product opportunities
Product Scoping, Roadmapping, Prioritization
- Engage different teams and stakeholders to determine relative needs and priorities
- Translate company strategy into prioritized roadmap
- Advocate and defend product changes using qualitative and quantitative data
- Respond to rapidly shifting company and user needs
- In collaboration with other product team members (Designers, Analysts, Engineers), create Product Requirement Documents and hand them off to developers
Team Building and Culture
- Build and nurture relationships with team members across the company. Support other teams wherever they may require it.
- Hire and manage Junior Product Analysts, provide mentorship and prepare them for careers in design/product/analytics
- Represent Numida’s values and culture and promote our company externally, to clients, stakeholders and future hires
WHO YOU ARE
• A creative risk-taker who has no interest in following the status quo. You’re confident about your convictions and are ready to back them up
• A self-driven, results-oriented high achiever ready to take on a lot of responsibility and ownership to drive Numida’s growth and product excellence
• A data-obsessed decision maker who fundamentally believes that ideas aren’t worth much until tested
• A great communicator who speaks and writes in a clear, thorough and timely manner using effective communication tools and techniques
• A team player who is not afraid to ask for help when needed & and is just as quick to lend a hand
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of experience owning, building, and shipping products using an Agile methodology
• Strong Data Analytics abilities, with preference for SQL and Excel
• Deep understanding of best practices for user testing, interviewing and design thinking
• Familiarity with trends in banking, fintech, and payments within Africa
• Relevant schooling: background in Design, Computer Science, or Marketing
• Past work experience in any of the following:
- Financial services industry, banking, fintechs
- Building internal tooling for staff organization and productivity
- People Management and/or Project Management
- Small business owner and operator
How to Apply:
Please apply by following this link and filling out the application:
HOW WE’LL REWARD YOU
This is a full-time, high-growth role in an early stage Ugandan technology start-up, based in Kampala. We are a non conventional Ugandan business and our workplace is inspiring with a lot of opportunity for personal growth and fun. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits, and have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and diverse team based in Kampala, San Francisco and Vancouver.