The Financial Technologies Service Providers Association (FITSPA) is an independent, nonprofit, membership-based organization that aims to create a conducive environment to stimulate innovation in the financial services sector by increasing access to affordable financial services through ICT and promoting sustainable financial inclusion.
This position is responsible for developing individual, SME, and corporate membership. The role holder will lead the development of a membership strategy and evaluate and implement changes to a membership structure as the needs of the organization and its members continue to evolve.
Essential Job Functions
Manage all aspects of member relations, which include:
- Primarily onboarding and maintaining members.
- Appropriate utilization of the available tools to maintain regular member outreach.
- Develop and implement strategies for retaining existing members and recruiting and cultivating new members, including regularly communicating unique member benefits as well as soliciting their feedback.
- Manage short-term consulting services for members and strategic partners, including providing relevant resources and soliciting input from the rest of the FITSPA team within their areas of expertise as needed.
- Work with the program team to ensure a focus on member service excellence, including but not limited to ongoing program and service evaluations.
- Provide analysis of existing program and membership materials as well as membership retention rates and opportunities for growth.
- Develop a strategic plan to expand the corporate sponsorship program and improve member benefit offerings.
- Assist in creating and updating membership and marketing materials, including letters, flyers for upcoming events, welcome packets, fact sheets, directories, surveys, and others.
- Identify, recruit, provide member services, and track benefits provided to corporate sponsors to ensure that all sponsors receive the benefits offered.
- Respond promptly to inquiries from prospective members, members, and others.
- Assist the Team Lead and board members in planning and executing events and day-to-day operations.
- In partnership with the communications team, coordinate website content and functionality to enhance membership and strategic partnership programs.
- Initiate member-related internal communications, including developing newsletter content, email blasts, event announcements, awareness of member benefits, etc.
- Support the membership board committee.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of marketing and customer success.
- Comfortable writing strategic plans and reports and analyzing markets and marketing potential.
- Skilled at writing promotional materials, membership materials, and developing newsletter content.
- Adept at making a sales pitch, comfortable with fundraising and recruiting new corporate partners.
- Ability to nurture ongoing relationships with corporate partners to ensure solid retention, year on year.
- Tech savvy with a commitment to innovation.
- Extremely well-organized, goal-oriented, and great attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with members and stakeholders - comfortable engaging partners to track down information, follow up on lapsed memberships, and respond to inquiries.
Qualifications & Success Factors
- A bachelor’s degree with 5 to 10 years of experience in community engagement. Experience in relationship management will be an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, including facilitation and contact management.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills. An outgoing personality is necessary to be successful in this role.
- Comfortable with MS Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and learning new software. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress is a plus.
- Ability to work with other team members.
- Other duties as assigned and necessary per business need.
- Continuous learning and growth in the field of expertise.
Notice of nondiscrimination
FITSPA is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, disability, or any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state law. FITSPA maintains a work environment free of unlawful discrimination and harassment. All interested individuals should send their application letters and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5:00 PM 8 th January 2024.