Interswitch East Africa
To act as a trusted advisor to businesses to enable the respective business leaders to make informed people-related decisions. To implement the end-to-end Group HR strategy within the allocated Business area/s, taking into account the strategic priorities and nuances of the individual business areas to ensure the groupwide attainment of the HR Strategic Objectives.
To contribute to the development of the HR strategy, priorities, solutions and initiatives by providing
insights on the people and industry trends within the allocated business/es to ensure that the HR function remains relevant and continuously enables the attainment of Business Objectives.
- Deploy the talent agenda within the business to enable robust differentiation and development of the different talent segments.
- Develop procedures and interprets, or advise the wider business on the application of the Talent agenda then monitor implementation of those procedures within the organization
- Identify requirements for HR frameworks and tools within an important area of responsibility to meet business needs.
- Specify the design and manage development and implementation, ensuring compliance with external requirements and integration with the broader HR policy framework.
- Build a reputation as a knowledgeable and trusted advisor to leaders in the business on the full employee life cycle to increase the strategic profile of the HR function and to ensure that the best decisions are taken concerning people in the business.
- Provide specialist advice on the interpretation and application of policies and procedures, resolving complex or contentious queries and issues and enabling others to take appropriate actions.
- Interrogate the business strategy to identify the headcount and development actions required to enable the business to meet its objectives. Investigate complex hypotheses, using a wide range of HR data to diagnose underlying causes of key business issues and identify opportunities to enhance employee engagement and/or improve business performance
- Investigate, and propose solutions for, very complex and/or contentious Employee Relations cases in liaison with line managers; coordinate the organization's response to legal cases brought by individuals; contribute to the preparation of legal submissions and ensure all parties complete casework accurately and within deadlines.
- Gather and analyze data relating to key people metrics (Regrettable loss, build/ buy/borrow/bounce, employee engagement, attrition etc.) to enable the business and HR to make data-driven people decisions. Specify, develop, and test HR data collection procedures and tools within an area of HR practice to meet defined key principles and ensure compliance with external requirements.
- Identify learning and development needs within the business and collaborate with the talent team to deploy the required training to enable a fully capable workforce. Maintain external accreditations and an in-depth understanding of current and emerging external regulations and industry best practices through continuing professional development, attending conferences, and reading specialist media.
- Implement; advise on; and monitor adherence to HR Policy, processes and procedures within the business, raise any compliance issues with the relevant stakeholder, and ensure correction thereof to minimize any risks and losses stemming from non-compliance.
- Works independently and provides guidance and training to others on analyzing data trends for use in reports to help guide decision-making.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on planning, organizing, prioritizing and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives guidance and training to others on developing, monitoring, interpreting and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge to act independently while providing guidance and training to others on using clear and effective verbal communications skills to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on analysing data from multiple sources to draw appropriate conclusions and make suitable recommendations.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to act independently while guiding and training others on analysing the business requirements that IT solutions must meet.
- Determine acceptance and evaluation criteria; Prioritization; Observation; Focus groups; Analysis Skills.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to act independently while guiding and training others on achieving full compliance with applicable rules and regulations in management and/or operations.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to act independently while guiding and training others on making sure that the organization manages its employee relations within a clear framework that embodies corporate values and policies, while also complying with all legal requirements.
- Works independently and provides guidance and training to others while interpreting and applying comprehensive knowledge of laws, regulations and policies in area of expertise.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to communicate with other people independently while providing guidance and training to others on speaking in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on reviewing and creating relevant, lucid and effective reports.
- Good 1st first degree (HR Management / Social sciences / Organizational Psychology / other related fields).
- Postgraduate degree or professional certifications/memberships an advantage.
- Wide and deep experience providing expert competence (3 - 4 years)
- Experience of planning and managing resources to deliver predetermined objectives as specified by senior managers (Over 3 years).
- Experience working in technology, banking or finance may be an added advantage.
Primary working station: Kampala, Uganda.
Reports to: Country General Manager and Regional Head of HR
Direct reports: None
Travel requirement: Infrequent
Send your resume by 14th February 2023 through email@example.com