The Financial Technologies Service Providers Association (FITSPA) is an independent, nonprofit, membership-based organization that aims to create a conducive environment to stimulate innovation in the financial services sector by increasing access to affordable financial services through ICT and promoting financial inclusion in a sustainable way.
The Finance & Administration Lead oversees FITSPA’s finance and administration departments. Responsibilities include directing and managing finances, operations, human resources and administration to support FITSPA’s short and long-term strategic goals. This role is critical to maximizing and strengthening the internal capacity of FITSPA which is critical to the organization’s ability to support its members.
Essential Job Functions Financial Management
- Provide financial oversight for the organization and be responsible for the entire range of financial management, from daily operations to high-level management.
- Oversee the annual finance planning/budgeting processes and prepare the annual operating budget. Work with staff to develop, implement and monitor program and organizational budgets and provide financial support throughout the program or project lifecycle.
- Prepare monthly profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements and monitor, interpret and present financial results of operations and programs each month.
- Serve as financial liaison with the board, providing financial reports.
- Coordinate the annual audit with an independent external audit firm.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Oversee payroll, payroll liabilities, and benefits.
- Create and maintain excellent financial internal controls, processes and procedures.
- Ensure efficient functioning and documentation for all financial systems including receipts, disbursements, billing, bookkeeping, budgeting and accounting.
- Prepare budgets and financial reports for grants, track and report on project/program budgets and expenditures.
- Work with the leadership team to ensure timely grant proposal and grant report submissions.
- Oversee external partners' financial reporting and planning.
Human Resource Administration, Operations and IT
- Further develop FITSPA’s human resources and administration functions, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training and recruiting.
- Oversee compensation, recruitment, performance appraisals, and staff training and development activities.
- Offer guidance to the management team on personnel and management issues.
- Lead the implementation of Human Resource Management policies and procedures.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or other business-related qualification is essential.
- CPA or ACCA qualification is a must.
- MBA is an added advantage.
- At least 7 – 10 years of overall professional experience of broad financial and operations management experience, with at least 3 – 5 years at senior management level in a similar position.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- A track record in grants management
- Technology savvy with experience building and supporting relationships with technology companies.
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of FITSPA
Notice of non-discrimination
FITSPA is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, disability and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state law. FITSPA is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination and harassment.
Send your application by 7th November 2023 to email@example.com.