Data is a key commodity for our company, therefore, the Data Manager is a critical role to business. They will be responsible for the data journey from receiving data submissions from Participating Institutions(PIs), processing the data and organizing it into meaning profiles in the form of credit reports. The data in these credit reports should be as reported by the financial institution and if any disputes arise, data manager should be able to identify, liaise with the financial institutions to amend the data as instructed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement procedures for effective data management.
- Create rules and procedures for data sharing.
- Oversee and support staff members in the daily use of data systems.
- Guarantee adherence to legal and company regulations.
- Manage all incoming data files from Financial Institutions.
- Perform data loading and validations as per available programs
- Analyze data to identify any anomalies supplied by financial institutions
- Assist in dispute resolutions that arise from supplied data
- Prepare data reports that are to be shared with management
- Support the development team in program improvement and troubleshooting when necessary
- Be custodian of the DSM, which is a guide to our entire business.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field.
- At least 1 year of experience in data management or analysis.
- Good working knowledge of the Operating System (Linux)
- Good working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, Mysql, Postgres) is required.
- Databases administration skills are an added advantage
- Proven knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) is a must
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, PHP) is added advantage.
- Ability to decipher and organize large amounts of data.
- An analytical mindset with superb communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in non-technical terms.
All interested applicants should send a cover letter, CV, academicdocuments and other relevant certificates firstname.lastname@example.orgOR Hand deliver the application to our office located at plot 77 BugandaRoad, Kimujo House (next to Case Hospital), Ground Floor by 5:00PM,12th June, 2023.