Numida provides working capital for African micro businesses. We use proprietary credit models and tech-enabled underwriting workflows to provide unsecured working capital loans to semi formal African micro businesses. Business owners download our app, apply for a loan in minutes from their place of business, and are approved within a day. Currently, there's $200 billion in unmet credit demand by micro businesses across the continent. In 2021, we provided 30,000 working capital loans to 8,600 micro businesses in Uganda with best-in-class recovery rates. Numida is backed by Y Combinator (W22 batch) and multiple high-profile impact investors.
Traditionally overlooked and underserved micro and small businesses (MSBs) in emerging markets deserve to have great tech built to serve their needs. Numida is the first and largest mobile platform in East Africa focused on offering convenient, accessible, and appropriate financial services specifically to MSBs. With the wealth of data collected through our platform, we are well positioned to connect business owners to the financial and non-financial services they need in order to grow their business, whether it be credit, savings, insurance, payments, logistics, customer acquisition, or financial & HR management. Due to our deep knowledge of our customers, Numida is becoming renowned for building technology that MSBs love. Within 10 years, we anticipate enabling at least 1 million small business owners on the continent to achieve their dreams.
We are looking for a Credit Risk Analyst to join our team in Kampala, Uganda. You will be responsible for providing insights and advanced analytics into the various risk factors driving portfolio performance.
- Work with all teams to prioritize their information needs with a special focus on Credit Risk and collections performance.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and generate useful business reports and dashboards
- Design and monitor key metrics to ensure that Numida’s portfolio profitability continuously meets and surpasses the minimum threshold.
- Segment portfolio performance metrics along various features (loan product, interest rate, sector, loan number, loan size, debt-to-income ratio, operational factors, etc.) to identify drivers of risk
- Identify and monitor reliable leading indicators of poor collections performance
- Identify underlying operational metrics that are associated with poor performance, and work with the Credit Operations team to ensure the availability of the data required to trigger and monitor corrective action
- Communicate with all teams regularly to understand what internal changes in processes or in credit policies could be impacting metrics
- Ensuring that necessary tracking systems and feedback mechanisms are in place
- to evaluate and monitor the impact of new company initiatives and experiments on Credit Risk in a timely and efficient manner
- Support team by answering urgent, ad hoc data questions as they arise
- Identify new opportunities, initiatives and experiments to help Numida iterate towards an ideal balance between maximum accessibility and acceptable credit risk
- Own one or multiple data models
- Improve our data structure/organization to ensure we have the foundational
- information needed to answer key business questions (wrangle our data)
- Locate, define and communicate new process improvement opportunities
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 3 years of working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with credit data from Core Banking Systems, Loan Management Systems, and/or Customer Relationship Management Systems
- Proficiency in SQL and writing complex queries
- Strong communication skills and proficiency at translating business requirements and data insights into simple terms accessible to non-technical colleagues
- Strong Data Visualization and narrative skills
- Experience working with various datasets (small & large with various data types).
- Command of statistical analysis and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (R, Python, SAS, SPSS) would be a strong
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are curious. You ask great questions, and you are a natural problem-solver who efficiently gathers information and assesses situations with a systemic view to identify the best course of action.
- You are not afraid or debilitated by ambiguity but thrive in it. You love new challenges and you are obsessed with overcoming them.
- You are independent. You can think for yourself. You take initiative, and you don’t ask for permission.
- You are a very hard worker and a team player. You are not afraid to ask for help.
- You are willing to perform a variety of tasks and learn quickly. You are prepared to perform tasks from a variety of areas of data analytics, including descriptive analytics, diagnostic analytics, prescriptive analytics, and predictive analytics.
WHY NUMIDA IS FIT FOR YOU:
- At Numida, we believe our values make a difference
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We are transparent
- We succeed when our customers succeed
- We do not only get things done, but also in the right way.
- We value, support and help each other grow.
- And we have fun!
YOUR COMPENSATION AND REWARD:
This is a full-time, high-growth role in an early-stage East African technology start-up. We are an unconventional business, and our workplace is inspiring with a lot of opportunities for personal growth and fun. You will receive a competitive salary and have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and diverse team based in Kampala, San Francisco, and Vancouver.
HOW TO APPLY
In your motivation letter, please make sure to explain why you are a good fit for Numida and this particular position, with a focus on your past experiences. Apply by Sunday April 3, 2022 @11:59pm.
Expected Start Date: