The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving profitable growth and establishing Interswitch as a leading player in the Fintech market, as well as providing strategic leadership, operational excellence, stakeholder engagement, team empowerment, and ensuring compliance, ultimately contributing to Interswitch’s success, market share expansion, and sustainable development in the designated country.
- To develop and execute a business development, sales, and delivery strategy for the designated country, that includes identifying key target segments, evaluating the competitive landscape, and leveraging innovative Fintech solutions to gain a competitive edge in the market.
- To drive the expansion of Interswitch's presence in the designated country by identifying new growth opportunities, assessing the feasibility of entering new markets, establishing strategic partnerships, and ensuring the successful execution of expansion plans.
- Partner with other executives and business leaders to develop and lead the implementation of a strategic executable plan to provide accurate business forecasting and formulate commercial strategies to generate new revenue and customer relationships and partnerships in a manner that aligns with Interswitch’s overall strategic objectives.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with key clients and stakeholders in the designated country, to understand their needs, collect feedback, and ensure exceptional customer satisfaction by delivering tailored Fintech solutions that address local market demands.
- To stay abreast of local regulatory requirements and ensure that Interswitch's operations in the designated country comply with all relevant laws and regulations. Proactively engage with regulatory bodies to obtain necessary licenses and approvals.
- To serve as Interswitch's representative in the designated country, acting as a brand ambassador at industry events, conferences, and networking opportunities.
- Promote Interswitch’s fintech solutions, share thought leadership, and enhance Interswitch's reputation in the local market.
- To provide strong leadership and direction to the Business Development, Sales, and in-country customer experience teams, fostering a high-performance culture, setting clear objectives, and empowering team members to excel in their roles.
- Create a collaborative and motivating work environment that encourages innovation, customer success, and professional development.
- To collaborate effectively with various departments, in the country and regionally, to ensure seamless coordination and alignment of efforts towards achieving Interswitch's growth objectives in the designated country.
- Effectively communicate strategic shifts, manage any resistance, and ensure that the entire Sales, BD, and Service Delivery teams are aligned with Interswitch's vision and objectives.
- Set and monitor performance metrics for the designated country, driving pipeline & and revenue growth, profitability, and market share.
- Develop and execute financial plans, analyse results, and adapt strategies to achieve sustainable success.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION(S) & CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Finance, Information Technology, Computer Science, Economics, Marketing, or related fields from an accredited University.
- Master’s degree in finance/business/ technology or related fields or MBA would be an added advantage for a higher level of understanding of business, financial, and technological aspects of the industry.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Certifications from globally recognized institutions in areas such as digital banking, blockchain, mobile payments, and other Fintech innovations courses from leading institutions East African Business Council (EABC)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Data Protection and Cybersecurity Certifications related to East African Financial Regulations
- East African Institute of Certified Studies
- Digital Transformation Certification
- Affiliation with local Fintech Associations
- At least 12 years experience in a C-suite or Senior Management role, preferably in a reputable Financial Institution or Fintech company.
- A solid understanding of the Fintech ecosystem, including experience in mobile banking, digital payments, blockchain, or any other Fintech innovation prevalent in a designated country or East Africa
- Demonstrated experience in business development and sales, including business growth, market-entry, and partnership cultivation experiences, in both financial services and technology are essential.
- Proven track record of overseeing service delivery operations
- Experience in using and implementing modern digital tools and platforms that help in market analysis, partnership management, and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated experience in the East African financial market, understanding its unique challenges, opportunities, regulatory environment, customer behaviors, and cultural nuances