The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
About This Role
Product management can mean a lot of different things at different companies. At M-KOPA we see product management as the sum total of the through line from understanding our users and delivering this end to end with our product delivery teams. Have you ever wanted to solve the challenges of financial inclusion and empower people to improve their lives? Have you wanted to create software products for a Fintech doing just that at the scale of millions of Customers? Here's your chance. You can take on a senior product role at M-KOPA, focus on how to meet our customers' long-term financing needs and create some amazing software products to do so.
You will start out reporting to the Group Product Manager for Retention; that said M-KOPA is growing fast and the product you own is likely to change eventually. This role is fully Remote role, within the following time zone (UTC -1 / UTC+3).
YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS ROLE BECAUSE YOU WILL;
- You will consult with your Group PM to set clear and OKRs for your Group. You will manage your product and available resources to achieve your OKRs
- You must be committed to the psychological safety of your team and all those around you
- You have a demonstrated experience with a product approach that puts Discovery before Delivery and early learning before a featured solution
- You already to start new products, solve new problems that haven't been solved before, and to lead
- You will have big ideas and you will hear big ideas from our customers and leaders across M-KOPA. You will focus the collaborative conversation onto the problem we have to solve and arrive at a prioritized list of clear tests of the most important hypotheses
- You will lead Discovery with our Design team to make sure we understand the problem we're solving and you'll improve on the solutions from there based on data gathered from testing hypotheses
- You will work with market research teams to understand user needs, define a vision for the product, and advocate for the customer throughout the product lifecycle
- You have a bias for looking first in the data for answers and a tendency to monitor data dashboards for insights daily
- We're looking for a captivating story teller who can tell stories to our execs and senior leaders within the business
- You have a strong sense of UI/UX design principles to help inform good product design choices in collaboration with our Design team
- Using agile product process, you will write and move your user stories through refinement to meet our definition of ready
- You will collaborate with engineering during the Delivery cycle to manage engineering constraints when they arise, with a bias towards shipping valuable work each sprint, learning, and iteratively improving based on data
- You enjoy communicating visually. You are comfortable refining wireframes and process maps to guide Discovery
- You lead by example, modeling Product Management best practices for the product team and the business. You are comfortable advocating for process improvements to clear the path for you and others achieve your OKRs
WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT BECAUSE YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN
- You have at least 4 years experience in software product management
- Experience using data to lead product decisioning
- Experience leading multi functional teams
- Build winning teams who feel understand the teams missions
- You like to improve and can demonstrate taking the initiative
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Great compensation package and bonus scheme
- Private health insurance (inpatient outpatient, maternity, eye care, and dental)
- Group Life Cover
- Remote working (dependent on the nature of the role)
- Airtime allowance (dependent on the nature of the role)
- MIFI monthly payment (20GB- Airtel or 30GB -MTN)
- 21 days per annum (excluding public holidays). Annual leave is accrued at the standard rate of 1.75 days per month
- Annual Learning and Development Fund - You have an annual $ 1,200 allowance to spend on learning and development (that is, between 1 January and 31 December). For your first year at M-KOPA, this allowance is pro-rated depending on the month that you start
- Home Office Set Up - Having the best IT equipment tools in the world doesn't make sense if you do not have a proper setup to work with. For this reason, M-KOPA will pre-approve the following items for a total budget of $1000 that you can use at any time after signing the offer letter with M-KOPA (you may purchase desk and chair separately or together; before or after your start date):
- 1. Ergonomic chair 2. Office desk
- On site retreats with wider tech team, plus trips to operational markets
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.