Digital and Innovation Coordinator
Kampala with travels mainly within Uganda
DanChurchAid (DCA) is urgently looking for a suitable professional to fill the position of Digital Innovation Coordinator.
The main function of the Digital and Innovation Coordinator is to coordinate and initiate digital innovation in DCA Uganda. The position will support the development, expansion and implementation of DCA digital interventions through innovative digital solutions, with a focus on sectors in Digital Finance and Agriculture. The position will add value to beneficiaries and partners through digital channels using current and future digital technology and capabilities. The Digital and Innovation Coordinator will be updated on market trends, assessing opportunities and adopting best practices from partners, private sector and other relevant stakeholders.
The Digital Innovation Coordinator reports to the Country Director and works closely with the Programme Unit and the Humanitarian team.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Digital Innovation Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Providing overall leadership in driving implementation of digital activities; reporting, analysing and identifying trends to enable data driven decisions.
- Expanding and developing digital strategic initiatives that will drive the digitalization of DCA projects with the beneficiaries in the center.
- Providing technical support on digital solutions in both humanitarian and development projects.
- Facilitating the Collaborative Digital transformation Platforms in Uganda as well as participate in relevant technical working group meetings and relevant sector meetings.
- Actively engaging local partners to follow market trends and seek opportunities for improvement through own staff. This should happen with a special focus on livelihoods interventions.
- Managing relationship with stakeholders including private sector, NGOs and government, building strong relationships to facilitate the implementation of the programme and ensure sustainability of the interventions.
- Proactively building relationship with donors at country and global level to raise funds for the programme.
- Support digital innovation work through leveraging with partner innovation accelerators/hubs such as private sector.
- Supporting diversity and a help fostering a culture of continuous improvement with in digital transformation.
- Identifying learning, training and knowledge sharing opportunities for staff and partners including ACT members in relation to digital transformation.
- Ensuring close cooperation and exchange of information within DCA and the ACT Alliance, incl. collaboration on appeals and other joint humanitarian responses.
- Assisting in project and proposal developments as well as preparation and implementation of reviews and evaluations of projects.
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science or other related discipline.
- Min. 5 years’ work experience from the private sector.
- Experience working in humanitarian response, programme with livelihoods, cash transfers and development work is an advantage.
- Understands how to use digital channels to effectively reach and communicate with target groups.
- Innovative and motivated by finding and testing new approaches.
- Outgoing, results-oriented and proactive with good liaison and coordination skills.
DCA’s Uganda Programme
DCA has supported development and humanitarian programs in Uganda since 1979, working in partnership with local partners. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance. Our key competencies in Uganda are livelihoods and food security, humanitarian response and civil society. For more information please visit https://www.danchurchaid.org/where-we-work/uganda
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter via the application link provided.
Deadline for applying is 27th June 2021.
DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and pension) in accordance to experience and DCA Uganda HR Manual.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
While we appreciate your interest to work with DCA, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Place: Kampala , Uganda
Deadline: 27/06 2021
Contact person: Baluka Harriet
Senior Human Resource Officer