Transsnet Group is a joint venture between NetEase Group(a world-leading Internet listed company in China) and Transsion Holdings Group (a global Intelligent Terminal Products, and mobile value-added service provider).
It focuses on all kinds of Internet fields and takes Internet finance, Internet music, short video, application market and online gaming as its main business. Its internet work products contain: Boomplay-Africa’s largest online music platform, Vskit-Africa’s second largest short video platform, Palmstore-The second mobile apps distribution platform in Africa, Palmcredit, Palmsave, Palmpay and other outstanding Internet products that have already emerged in Africa.
We are recruiting for the position of a Manager, Compliance and MLRO for our Palmpay App. The individual will be responsible for leading the development, implementation, and management of the compliance programs for internal controls and external laws and regulations. This role will also be responsible for ensuring that qualifying service offered are compliant with provisions of Regulatory Guidelines, Anti Money Laundering (AML), Privacy and other related legislation.
Other Job functions will include;
- Meeting statutory reporting requirements in the capacity of local MLRO
- Building and maintaining a compliance universe for both regulatory obligations and policies and processes, that will be used as the base for development, enhancement, monitoring and oversight over compliance requirements in this space
- Holding relevant business units accountable for the implementation of effective strategies to ensure compliance to all relevant laws and regulations and policies and processes
- Staying abreast of all relevant compliance and regulatory requirements, assess the impact of these and assess whether the business is adequately informed to prepare for changes
- Working with the TRANSSNET Regulatory functions and provide input into Regulatory policies/regulations, legislative framework and future impact of new Regulatory policies and legislation – with a specific focus on the impact of such regulations or policies on TRANSSNET’s business
- Monitoring the effective cascading of the Compliance strategy into the Compliance Monitoring business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing strategies
- Managing the preparation and recommend the departmental budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget while ensuring all departmental activities are conducted in line with the approved guidelines
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing policies and procedures, and work with business units to initiate enhancements as identified
- Driving continuous improvement on standardization of processes across TRANSSNET along with business units leading to an improved internal control environment.
- Leading the review and discussion on proposed policy changes recommended by Exco.
- Developing and implementing initiatives and programs for periodic assessment of the effectiveness of AML/CTF & STR compliance with regards to licensing requirements.
- Developing and implementing initiatives and programs for predictive data analytics of transactions and Call Data Records to proactively identify non-compliance issues and ensure prompt resolution.
- Minimum of 4year tertiary degree (Ideally, Statistics / Accounting / Banking & Finance / Mathematics / Law)
- MBA or Masters will be an added advantage.
- Relevant certification / accreditation / membership with professional body as required for role (ICA / CCO / CA/ACCA / Six Sigma / CRISC / Risk Management Certification).
8 years management experience; with at least 5 years in relevant sector / industry /area of specialization (an understanding of emerging markets is an advantage)
- Worked across diverse cultures
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Contract Management
- Government Relations
- Information Management
- Legislation and Compliance
- Policy Design and Development
- Project Planning and Control
- Research Orientation
- Stakeholder Relations Management
- Telecommunications Business Savvy
- Computer literacy – MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Skills & Physical Competencies:
- Ability to manage self and be a team player, good conflict management, take and manage accountability
- Energy & Drive – Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
- Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
- Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
- Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, shares knowledge effectively
- Organizational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, commitment to the organization
- Strategic Skills – Global thinker, Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to manage intra-group dynamics